sexta-feira, 29 de abril de 2016

Resemblance or just coincidence/Semelhança ou coincidência

I don't talk about it much because I know I am not as good as I should but I can play the guitar and the keyboard. I would say I'm a natural, especially if you consider that my only goal is to sing along. However, because of this "talent" I understand about chords and melodies and sometimes I get really obsessed with some songs.

Adele has gotten me twice. The first one with her new album 25. I'll write about it some other time, particularly after I solve the mistery about "Million Years Ago".

The second time was with "One and Only" of her live album. I listened to it this week and it finally got me thinking of another song, a very old one. The chorus chords, if you could remove Adele's voice, were just there, ready for you to sing that song that I couldn't remember. I could only remember two words: man and woman. So you can imagine how easy my task was!

After a long week talking to Google on my phone, I finally found the song that was killing me: "What's a woman", Vaya con Dios (a Belgian band). Maybe I'm crazy, but Adele's song sounds totally like Vaya con Dios's song. What do you think about it? Check them out.

Semelhança ou coincidência

Não falo muito a respeito porque sei que não sou boa como se espera, mas sei tocar violão e teclado. Diria que levo jeito, especialmente se considerarmos que meu único objetivo é tocar para cantar. Entretanto, por causa desse "talento", eu compreendo acordes e melodias e às vezes algumas músicas não saem da minha cabeça.

Adele já me pegou duas vezes. A primeira com o seu CD mais novo - "25". Escrevo sobre isso em outra oportunidade, particularmente após resolver o mistério de "Million Years Ago".

A segunda foi com "One and Only" do CD ao vivo. Escutei nesta semana e finalmente ela me fez pensar numa outra música bem antiga. Os acordes no refrão, se pudéssemos remover a voz de Adele, estariam prontinhos para que cantássemos essa música que eu não conseguia lembrar. Só lembrava duas palavras: "man" (homen) e "woman" (mulher). Dá para imaginar como a tarefa seria fácil!

Depois de uma longa semana conversando com o Google no celular, eu finalmente achei a música que estava me matando: "What's a Woman", Vaya con Dios (uma banda belga). Talvez seja loucura minha, mas a música de Adele é todinha a de Vaya con Dios. O que você acha? Confira.




Um comentário: